We are adventure riders and mature aged mates.
We arrange day and weekend rides and some longer rides, with a strong preference for dirt roads. We ride medium to large capacity, single and multi cylinder bikes capable of handling rough terrain and long distances. Overnight, we stay in a pub or similar, or we camp. Our rides typically suit fairly small groups.
The NSW Adventure Riders Group is newly formed but many of us have been riding together for a long while.
Aims, Management and Governance
The NSW Adventure Riders Group is a not-for-profit unincorporated association. Its aims are to:
- Organise and run adventure motorcycle rides and related activities in NSW and sometimes beyond.
- Foster camaraderie amongst mainly mature aged (40 years +) people.
- Conduct our activities so that:
- The wellbeing and safety of riders is supported.
- The ride leader’s responsibilities are not onerous.
- Continued access to suitable roads and destinations is not put at risk.
- A good public image of adventure motorcycle riding and riders is supported.
The Group has a small, volunteer Management Committee and the three roles that directly affect our rides and social activities are:
- Ride Coordinator – development of the Group’s ride calendar and liaison with ride leaders.
- New Riders & Members Manager – liaison with and support for new riders and members.
- Communications Manager – development and maintenance of the Group’s website and other communications systems.
The Committee also has two governance roles – the Secretary / Treasurer and the Chairperson.
These Minutes (PDF) deal mainly with ride forms compliance.
Our banking details are here.